IOM, the International Organization for Migration, reports that 113,145 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea in 2018 through 19 December. This year is the fifth straight during which the arrival of irregular migrants and refugees has topped the 100,000 threshold – although 2018’s total is low compared to those recorded at this time in 2017 (168,258) and 2016 (359,160).
- Bastiaan de Bruijne appointed General Counsel at ACI EUROPE
- World Border Security Congress
- Europol – 70 arrests in pan-European action against child trafficking
- ACI World Publishes Handbook Tackling Insider Threat to Airports
- Law enforcement agencies across the EU prepare for major cross-border cyber-attacks